Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I am going to have a prolapsed bowel op done, how long does

I am going to have a prolapsed bowel op done, how long does it take to do this op
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

The time of surgery varies depending upon the type of surgery (abdominal approach or the perineal approach) your surgeon would be performing as well as the expertise of the surgeon combined with his/her team's experience and coordination.

On the average the procedure may take anything between an hour to two depending on the various factors mentioned above.

So it would be best to ask your or surgeon or one of the team members about the average time they take and you would get a more accurate answer.

Hope this helped you understand the situation :)

Warm regards
Dr MASK

If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

perineal approach

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

If your surgeon is an experienced one following the latest trends in surgery and has an excellent team then the operative time should be under 90 minutes.

Hope this helped you further understand the situation :)

Warm wishes
Dr MASK