Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

was bitten by horsefly yesterday on the neck. Massive swelling

was bitten by horsefly yesterday on the neck. Massive swelling which is affecting my resting a bit - and it's getting bigger still even after 24 hours. I have applied topical antihistamine cream. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Where exactly is the swelling in neck? Do you have any respiratory distress or fever? Regards
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--since we can't examine you I have to be very firm here and say that at this point this is a severe allergic reaction that could soon compromise your swallowing or breathing and be life threatening. My strong advice is that you get to an emergency room right away for evaluation and proper treatment that may include an adrenaline injection and intravenous cortisone. It just is wise not to wait a minute longer with this
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.