Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

recently I have noticed a slight sore on the bottom of my gum

recently I have noticed a slight sore on the bottom of my gum line..right hand side... its a little white cut it looks like.. and on one of my teeth you can see a a white pactch.. like the root??... any suggestions...
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Does it appear as white or yellow centered bump?
Do you have fever or swollen lymph node?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have any other associated symptoms?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no its a cut type but with white over it ?

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

It sounds to be Canker sore. They can appear cut like with a white patch around it.
Usually it would heal without treatment in about a week or two.

To treat this condition, you can apply a mixture of half hydrogen peroxide and half water directly to the affected sore using a cotton swab.
You can Rinse your mouth with a mixture of half Milk of Magnesia and half Benadryl liquid allergy medicine.

You can also use Chlorhexidine mouthwash.
You should not eat hot or spicy foods.
If you have it for 2 or more weeks, then it needs to be treated by doctor. It is managed with antibiotic called tetracycline.

Usually, it would get heal by its own in 1-2 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay many thanks... i do have over crowdedness.. where my teeth are very close together... its a very tiny scar mark on the gum..with a tiny piece of white skin covering it.. do you think this could be serious?looks like an indentation in the skin kind of

Dear Customer,
Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.

As such it doesn't looks to be a serious issue.
Yes, it can appear as tiny cut like, with white color and can be painful in nature.
It can be managed with measures, as suggested in previous post.

It doesn't sound to be related with any serious issue.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you dont thonk it's related to any gum problem..?

Dear Customer,

Your condition is related with canker sores, These can occur in gums.
They may appear as white and look like cut or ulcers.
Most of these go away in 10 to 14 days.

You need to avoid hot beverages and foods, spicy and salty foods, and citrus fruits. You should Gargle with salt water or cool water.
You can Apply a thin paste of baking soda and water to the sore.

It is not a serious issue and would get resolve in few days.

I hope this helps.

If you are satisfied, Then please rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

recently I visited my GP reguarding some stomach discomfort and a lump that I had in the right side of my abdomen, my GP examined me and said that what I was feeling was the top part of my liver??, that is not making sense to me..i was thinking more lipoma etc??, I new query...occasionaly get some light twinges from the area around the lump more after I press down on it for some time.

now i seem to be getting some very mild pain under the rib cage on the right side twinge/stitch like feeling), and occasional mild pain in the centre under the breast bone, just cant understand what's going on with me, and I do have this on a regular basis, I know im not in agonising pain and feel well but it is getting me down when I keep thinking al sorts Im 22