Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have swollen puffy eyes and face after gardening I have taken

I have swollen puffy eyes and face after gardening I have taken antihistamines and eye drops for several days without very little improvement
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--any rash or difficulty breathing? Have you ever had this happen before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do have redness in patches to my face and neck which is hot and itchy but I have no difficulty in breathing
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Elaine. This is obviously a stubborn allergic reaction and since it's been a few days and you haven't had any breathing problems it's unlikely that it's going to progress to a more severe reaction. While you could try benadryl cream to your face in addition to the antihistamines, the best thing to do is to see your doctor for either a cortisone injection or a Medrol DosPak--a tapering dose of a cortisone-like medication. That should clear this up very quickly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply you have been very helpful. I will try to visit my Gp if not cleared any further by tomorrow and will try the Benadryl cream