Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have small white spots just under the back of my head of

I have small white spots just under the back of my head of my penis I am a teenager and am wondering is this normal ? I also have a small black spot just under the head of my penis under the skin and as my penis is erect it gets harder ? This is located at the front of my penis
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor - do u know how I am able to post a picture ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Mark--you can use the paper clip icon on this page or you can post the photo on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor - would I be able to email these onto you as I am not sure how to use the others ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
That's OK Mark--we can do this without photos. Just describe for me the white spots and the black spot and how long have you had these?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have only had the black spot for about 2 weeks and I have had the white ones for a good while maybe 5 months . The black one is a very small one that is just beneath the head of my penis and get hard as my penis becomes erect. The white sports are in two main groups on eighter side of my penis and are located in my foreskin and become visible as the skin is pulled back . There are also some white spots along the back of the shaft of my penis and are slightly larger than the ones in the foreskin but are scares compare to my foreskin as there are hundreds I'm there
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mark--really nothing for you to worry about here--not a cancer problem or an infection problem for sure. The white spots are what are called a pearly penis and they are just little benign cysts that can resolve in time. The black spot is called a Fordyce spot and it is completely benign--a little like a freckle but on the penis. That, too, usually resolves given time. So basically you don't have to worry at all about all this but to help you along with that, have a doctor take a look so he can tell you exactly what I've told you here