Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am feeling persistently exhausted and depressed and it is

I am feeling persistently exhausted and depressed and it is affecting my ability to go to work. I am sleeping in and when i get up i feel wiped out with no energy and my eyes are so heavy. I also feel very down. What is wrong with me?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had any blood tests done recently or in the past?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

It's been getting worse for a while. I am having trouble sleeping for some time. Months. And I have been having depressed episodes for some time. But lately, the past couple of weeks I have just been completely exhausted all the time. I am have been unable to go to work as I am so exhausted. I have not had blood tests recently.

Customer:

No medical problems that i know of

Customer:

no medications

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The first thing that comes to mind when reading your symptoms i.e. being depressed, sleep problems and exhaustion is a thyroid problem which needs to be ruled out with blood tests for it.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Additionally I would like to have other routine blood tests like a complete blood count, liver function and kidney function tests.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Once all those are documented as normal then a diagnosis of depression should be considered which in itself can cause all these symptoms and then you will require antidepressants like citalopram.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So the next step here is to book an appointment with your GP and get tested and get examined.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

yes. thanks.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer:

no.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ok then
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Goodbye :)