Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi, My chin on my left hand side keeps twitching and feels

Hi, My chin on my left hand side keeps twitching and feels numb. Is this something I should worry about. I'm 48yrs old
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long this has been going on? Do you have any other symp***** *****ke headache, dizziness, twitching anywhere else in body etc? Do you have any diagnosed medical problem? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This has been going on for a couple of days now. I do grind my teeth at night and I was wondering if this could be a trapped nerve or something localized.

I have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Sean thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am myself a head & neck surgeon so I can assist you. The most likely cause of this feeling is a pinched or inflamed nerve locally in the face area. Any systemic disease like diabetes can't be the cause of your symptoms because diabetes is not supposed to involve only one nerve locally. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab aleve twice daily for 7 days can help you. Moreover you should start taking any multivitamin which contain B12 as it can help with nerve related problems. If symptoms persist or worsen, you should see your doctor to get an examination and further investigation like MRI. But don't worry you will be fine soon. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.