Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

l am to have facet joint and nerve root block injections, are

Customer Question

l am to have facet joint and nerve root block injections, are these in my spine or will they be to the left or right of my spine depending which leg gets pain.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

Yes,facet joint and nerve root block injections will be given to the side of spinal cord at exit of nerve on the side of pain.

A nerve root block is an injection of local anesthetic (numbing medicine) and steroid injected under X-ray guidance into the area where the nerve exits the spinal column.

A fine needle will be placed into the correct position gradually under imaging guidance, and when positioning,the injection
will be made into the required joint space / nerve root block.

This injection is done both with a steroid (an anti-inflammatory medication) and lidocaine (a numbing agent).

So bot***** *****ne is that these facet joint and nerve root block injections will be given to the left or right of your spine where the nerve exits out of the spinal cord depending upon the side of your pain.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If injections were put in wrong side of my back can l have more in the right hand side within a week without any ill effects.

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today. I see that the previous expert has opted out.

The steroid shots have more of local effect on the nerve and on surrounding tissue. If the injection was given at wrong site or side than it can be repeated at the other site without any systemic side effects.

Best