Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

A lump and skin specialist has told me that the lump in my

A lump and skin specialist has told me that the lump in my neck is just a lymph node and not to worry. He didnt even really feel the lump and just guessed from what i told him. He gave me nothing and said i will be fine. Should i take this further and or take his advice?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

When did the lump appear?

Where is it located on the neck, midline, left or right?

Is it mobile?

Approximate size?

Painful or tender?

Fever or rash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I first noticed it on the 27th of may. It does not hurt and is not swollen. Pea size and soft and yes moves around. No fever or rash. Just above my collar bone

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Left, right or center?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Left

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the details.
The symptoms you mention are consistent with a lymph node in the neck however, these are clinical diagnoses and should be confirmed on a physical examination.
A Skin Specialist is not the best doctor to see when one has lumps in the neck. An Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist is the doctor you should see for this. Most of the lymph node enlargements in this area are benign and resolve spontaneously however, judging by the clinical appearance, your doctor might want to do a fine needle aspiration cytology or an excision biopsy of the lump to confirm the diagnosis and rule out anything sinister.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.