DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I apparently have a small hernia, i have had back/hip pain,

Customer Question

Hi I apparently have a small hernia, i have had back/hip pain, flatchulence and a small amount of bleeding from my anus after walking. I'm out of my home country. Can you advise me what it could be? Kris
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Bleeding from the anus if on the toilet paper is most often hemorrhoids.
If this is more profuse bleeding, other problems need to be ruled out, such as diverticulosis, pockets in the colon that can bleed, and polyps, although these are unlikely.
Infection can do this as well, but you would be sick.

If you mean an inguinal hernia, this would not be related.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's only a small amount of blood and only after walking to the shops or something like that. It feels like I have a itch/sore anus. I notice it as when I return I wipe it with toilet paper. I was recently in Egypt(May) and had severe diarrhea is this related.?

Yes I think that is the Hernia. I am a pilot and have a yearly medical and last September the doctor picked up a whisper hernia. Recently I had a small tendor lump at the front of my groin and back/hip pain. I went to see a doctor who was not very helpful. Are the back and hip pain related to the hernia?

I have taken a new job in Sofia and i won't be returning to the uk for a few months for a few days off. Is there something I should be worried about?

Kris
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
It is most likely hemorrhoids, but there are other possibilities, remotely.

Make sure you have an exam as soon as possible.