DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

is it ok to stop taken my medication! I have been taken Amoxicillin

is it ok to stop taken my medication! I have been taken Amoxicillin 500mg for a chest infection for 4 days now,and not feeling the best, ***** ***** ,but making sure I eat a little, I was given 7 days ,now I am having stomach crams and diarrhoea,is it safe to stop I am 75yrs old thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is not safe to stop if you are treating an infection.

If you are not treating a bacterial infection, you could stop it.

Ask your doctor to make this decision, and to change your antibiotic if you need one...also discuss this diarrhea with your doctor, as this can become serious if from the antibiotic.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].