Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My nose keeps scabbing up outside the nasal area, inside and

My nose keeps scabbing up outside the nasal area, inside and sometimes on the end of my nose. It starts off sore, then tiny, tiny blisters appear, then it will start crusting over after a few days. At the moment I am getting it about once a month. My gland in my neck comes up at the same time
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Did the antibiotics help in the past? What exactly do the blisters look like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I didn't feel the antibiotics got rid of it any quicker, the blisters are tiny, you can only see them really close up, the ear looks yellowish to start with, then as it progresses it looks for red and scabby

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sally. I can only give you my thoughts here. This sounds like a viral problem like the herpes virus (not the genital type) that causes cold sores. The treatment for that would either be oral acyclovir or acyclovir gel topically. You need to have a doctor prescribe one of those for you and it may help to have a dermatologist do that