Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have taken PREGABLIN 75MG CAPSULES one capsule TWICE DAILY

Customer Question

I have taken PREGABLIN 75MG CAPSULES one capsule TWICE DAILY which had no improvement . Are there any cure for my above question .
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
What is the problem for which you are taking the pregabalin?
Are you referring to the symptoms that developed after a stroke?

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back, so I will answer with the assumption that you are referring to the symptoms that developed after a stroke.

When numbness and tingling develops after a stroke, there is no treatment that will cure the symptoms. Some people after a stroke may have spontaneous improvement in symptoms from a stroke, but there is no medicine that can be taken at this point to make it more likely that the symptoms will improve.

There are some medicines that may help ease symptoms, such as the pregabalin, but they are not truly curing the underlying problem.

It is worth noting that the current dose of the pregabalin is not the maximum dose of the drug, which can be taken in doses up to 300 mg per day, in divided doses.