Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have very small slightly raised patches on my skin some inside

I have very small slightly raised patches on my skin some inside thighs,tops of feet etc. They dont itch but if the scratch the top they go white and Appear dry. Is it just dry skin or something else. I have a photo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Could you attach the photo?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the image

The concern in the description that you porovided in the initial question would be whether this represented a fungal infection of the skin. The image does not demonstrate an appearance that would be suggestive of a fungal infection, but it does not appear that dramatic on the image. An option that can be done by your doctor would be to scrape the rash and look at the scraping under the microscope to look for evidence of a fungus. If you are trying to avoid going to your doctor, you could try an over the counter anti-fungal, such as Lotrimin, to see if it helps the rash.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.