Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I recently gave oral to another man and he was rather large

I recently gave oral sex to another man and he was rather large and quite forceful - to the point I gagged and technically got deep throated. The following morning i had severe very red back of the throat and tonsilitis type symptoms - I went to the local GUM clinic a couple of days later and they gave me antibiotics for 7 days (Trimethoprim) - the soreness has now gone I just have a dry cough now. The GUM clinic said I was clear on blood tests they took for STI's although it was only 3 days after the incident - but I had an infection which they couldn't identify - hopefully the antibiotics cleared this up. I am now desperately worried I may have HIV - the guy did not ejaculate in my mouth but I am still extremely worried about HIV and am horrified that my behaviour has put me at risk as I am normally careful! I will have a hiv test asap but am worried beyond belief!
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

How long back this incident happened?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This happened nearly 2 weeks ago and I am a bit of a worrier and have suffered a bit with anxiety in the past - but I am genuinely concerned about my behaviour and the possible HIV result.

I take pills for high blood pressure but otherwise fit.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

Well, the risk for HIV transmission by oral sex is near to zero.
The estimated per-act risk with oral sex is 1 out of 10,000.
Also oral sex is regarded as a low-risk sexual activity in terms of hiv transmission.

You would be safe, and would not get HIV by this act.
There is a extremely low chance of passing HIV by oral sex act.
Even if guy ejaculated in mouth, still transmission of HIV by oral sex is very very slim.

The only chance would be, if he has open wound on penis, or bleeding through penis.
No need to get panic, You would not get HIV by this act.

For peace of mind, you can get HIV antibody test after 6 months.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.