DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a tight knotted feeling in the back of my calf which

I have a tight knotted feeling in the back of my calf which happened a week ago when I changed from flat pumps into shoes with a slight wedge. I have been doing this since I hurt my knee which I have been attending physiotherapy for since the beginning of March . The tightness and stiffness has not faded at all which I would have expected it to by now. Sometimes my calf feels not as loose as my other leg. It is also difficult to walk. Iam concerned, can you advise?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would immediately get an exam and ultrasound.

Even though you do not have swelling, this can still be a clot, particularly with the previous problems.

It can be muscular, needing a different therapy than you are getting, but clots can spread, and you would want to avoid this.

I would see a doctor today, get the ultrasound today.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Use reply to expert as needed.
Please do not forget a positive rating.