Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had sudden diarrhoea two days ago with loss of appetite then

I had sudden diarrhoea two days ago with loss of appetite then it eased followed by aches and pains in my armes and leg I felt like a rag doll no energy, I took some disprin and anights sleep I felt better . Now today the diarrhoea is back and my appetite is gone again . Im a worried 43 year old male what do you think.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--how bad is the diarrhea and any fever? Have you been drinking plenty of fluids?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The diarrhoea is nt

The diarrhoea is not continuous just after food if been drinking my normal fluid intake

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Patrick. You may just have a viral gastroenteritis and those usually run their course in about five days. If it persists beyond that time you need to see a doctor for blood work and a stool sample for cultures since it could be bacterial and that would require antibiotics. For now you can try the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast--along with plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids like juices and GatorAde and don't use anything like Imodium since that could make things worse.