Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I did a pregrancy test which came back negative but my

Customer Question

Hi I did a pregrancy test which came back negative but my period was due today and it has came but it is a dark brown colour also I didn't have the usual symptoms before my period the one thing I found odd was when I had unprotected sex for days after I kept on getting like a white thick discharge and my boobs have been hard a sore for a few weeks now could the test have been wrong.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--when did your previous period start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This time last month

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Do you still have the white discharge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was getting till today

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. There was enough time since your last period that if you were pregnant the test would have been positive if you took it today or yesterday but you can repeat it in a week if you don't get your regular period just to make sure. Sounds as though you have a yeast infection and that can cause this kind of brown discharge even if a period is starting. You can try Lotrimin vaginal cream for now and see if that stops the white discharge but I don't see how you could be pregnant
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How did I get this infection would I have been giving it by the person I slept with

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Women get them from time to time and it isn't an STD. And, no, it isn't transferred from a woman to a man