Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Yesterday I stayed 90 minutes under the sun in Italy. After

Yesterday I stayed 90 minutes under the sun in Italy. After I felt exhausted, dizzy and not fully conscious. I tried to drink more but today I still have some of the symptoms.

What can be happened? Is it a heat stroke? What I need to do to recover?

Then today I also drunk a coffee and after I felt very hot, like when I have fever, and like fainting. It happened other time to feel like fainting with the coffee, because my digestive system is very sensitive (IBS, gastritis etc), but never happened to feel hot.

Is there a connection with the heath stroke?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. This sounds more like heat exhaustion rather than the much more serious heat stroke but I'm concerned that you still have some symptoms today. Coffee is the last thing you should be drinking both from its being hot and its having caffeine which will dehydrate you even more. Plenty of cold fluids and staying rested in a cool environment is much better but if you get worse or this isn't over by tomorrow you need to see a doctor about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, what may be the reason I felt so hot after drinking coffee? Even if now I'm back in UK and it's not so hot today.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
The caffeine, and like I said, that can make the dehydration worse. Just stay away from caffeinated beverages for now