Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

hiv test done at 2 week and than at 5 weeks and 5 days and

Customer Question

hiv test done at 2 week and than at 5 weeks and 5 days and had pcr test at 7 weeks and 4 days also had 4th generation test at 10 weeks and 4 days they all came negative so do i need to repeat the test because i was on the antibiotics i dont no if the tests are conclusive. i have flammable itchy skin my face and body no rashes, body pain everywhere pain in the mouth tonsillitis since became like this noisy stomach and Diarrhoea sometime. one of the gum clinic told me that i shall test at 12 weeks to be conclusive but the gum clinic who done my test said the 4th generation test is conclusive no future test, i dont no wader to to another test or there no needed. because i am no confident doctor
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am just going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes it's true that the test is most reliable at 12th week but since you have a negative test at 10 weeks and 4 days, you don't need any further test. You already had so many negative tests with 4th generation so few days will not make any difference. Yes it is true that if 4th generation is conclusive, no further testing is required. I assure you that you should forget about HIV and should see your doctor to investigate you on other lines for getting to the cause of your symptoms. There can be other causes behind like low immunity etc and you should be tested for that instead of HIV because you don't have HIV. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards