Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Is it ok to take sturgeron - seasickness tablet when ttc? This

Customer Question

Is it ok to take sturgeron - seasickness tablet when ttc? This is our first cycle of ttc and i was just wondering what danger if any there was for me taking 2 sea sickness tablets before i travel next week
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

Sturgeron contains cinnarizine, which is an antihistamine. It is recommended not to be taken by pregnant women.

I think whether it's safe to take would depend on where you are in your cycle. Most likely it would be safe to take prior to ovulation, which would usually be the first 2 weeks from when your period starts. We don't generally know very much about how medications can affect a fertilized egg, but usually it's best to avoid most medications when you're very early pregnant.

So I would recommend that you not take Sturgeron except in the first 2 weeks from the start of your period, or else take it and use birth control so that you don't get pregnant that month. Best regards.
Thank you for your payment and rating.