Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

hi, I have a problem when I it goes to the side. any ideas

Customer Question

hi, I have a problem when I pee it goes to the side. any ideas why this happens? thanks
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Are you having any other symptoms associated with this, such as pain or burning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no pain or burning

Thank you for the additional information.

If the problem is of short duration, then it would most likely be due to an infection. Since there is no pain or burning, it would be a mild infection, but still most likely an infection. It is also possible that short-term symptoms could be related to some local swelling, such as from an allergic reaction. For example, the penis can be exposed to certain soaps and scents to which there can be an allergic reaction and local swelling.

If the problem is of longer duration, then it would be most concerning that there is an anatomic abnormality that is interfering with proper flow of the urine. This can happen from scar tissue that forms in the urethra, the tube that runs through the penis. It also can occur from growths in the urethra, such as polyps or warts.

Ultimately, the proper diagnosis would require an appropriate evaluation, but these would be the most likely causes. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.