Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have gastritis Amy my stool sample showed I had bactrica

I have gastritis Amy my stool sample showed I had bactrica in my stool so the doctor gave me some antibiotics that begin with e . With they get rid of the bactrica ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

The stool test that showed bacteria is actually a culture and sensitivity test. The culture part of the test shows which bacteria have caused the problem and the sensitivity test shows which drugs they respond to. So, if the doctor has prescribed the antibotics after reading the culture and sensitivity report, these antibiotics are the most likely to eradicate this bacteria.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My stool showed Helicobacter pylori
So do you think the tablets will work?
Also with gastritis will you be able to feel your swollen stomach. I'm scared
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

H. Pylori need to be eradicated with a triple regimen. Antibiotics effective are erythromycin, metronidazole along with omeprazole (prilosec), a proton pump inhibitor. Swollen stomach is a sign of gastritis, so yes, you can feel your stomach and this is due to bloating.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My doctor has only giving me erytromcin with omeprazole will it still work ? As I'm going on holiday later ? Just scared in case I have a ulcer or Abdominal aortic aneurysm
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Your doctor would have ruled out ulcers and aneurysms.
Different physicians have different ways of dealing with H. pylori, if the culture has shown effectiveness of the drug against the bacteria, then it should work, but in my opinion the triple therapy regimen is the most effective.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would I know if I had an ulcer or aneurysms? Am I to young to get anything like that ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Ulcers and aneurysms can occur in any age group.
I would appreciate if you can leave a positive rating this question before we embark on further questions that are beyond the scope of your original concern.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would I know if I had a aneurysms ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Aneurysms are incidental findings picked up by doctors only, symptoms are vague.
Please leave a positive rating for the service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What dose that mean
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
I can only continue assisting you with your other queries, after you sent a positive rating for this question.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
That means, aneuryms do not have any specific symptoms of their own except when big enough they can cause abdominal pain off and on. Most of the aneurysms are picked up while testing for something else incidentally by doctors. In brief, you will have no symptoms which can let you to the conclusion that you have an aneurym without investigations ordered by a doctor.