Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

if you have pressure in your head constantly(i.e. all your

Customer Question

if you have pressure in your head constantly(i.e. all your life) I feel it makes you say/do silly things. It also can be aggravated by every day situations leading to withdrawal from social contact, feeling highly stressed, and lack of personal care & and interests.
Every time I read about Schizophrenia symptoms it says some things which I relate to but most of them (delusions & hallucinations & hearing voices) I have never had, and nowhere can I find any evidence case studies that say that pressure in your head is a cause for "Early Schizophrenia"
Am I just doubting psychiatrists/medical people or do I have to seek second opinions on my condition of EARLY SCHIZOPHRENIA.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

You are right - Increased pressure in head is not linked to Schizophrenia.

I would get few investigations like MRI Brain {to rule out any intracranial abnormality - which may mimic early schizophrenia symptoms}/ blood tests {especially thyroid}. A second opinion would do you no harm. If you have some doubts about the diagnosis than it is a good idea to get a second opinion.

Best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a 49 year old man who has had anger/emotional problems all my life, and you have just saved my life.

Expert:  Ken replied 3 years ago.
Wish you well.

I am happy that I was of help. Do consider to rate my answer.

Best