DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Can mail to femail transexuals take estrogin hrt when takeing

Customer Question

Can mail to femail transexuals take estrogin hrt when takeing lamictal 200mg tablets one twice a day and takeing tegretol prolonged release tablets 400mg one twice a day?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Estrrogens decreases levels of lamotrigine and carbamazepine will decrease the level or effect of estrogens. These are significant interactions and therefore I would not recommend that you should start HRT on your own and you should consult your doctor in this regard. I would not recommend using HRT in combination with the medications that you are already taking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I have answered your question above. Let me know if you have any further questions. Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
In fact, as a transexual you will need hormonal therapy and a competent doctor can adjust your medications so that they are therapeutic.
There is not an absolute contraindication here.

You did not say you are doing this on your own.

So let me ask you
Do you have an endocrinologist?

Where are you in the process?

Have you had psychological evaluation?

I am a double board certified clinician and will respond until you are satisfied.