Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am sore under left side of neck when I touch it and also

Customer Question

I am sore under left side of neck when I touch it and also when I turn my to the left and when I bend down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--were exactly is the pain and how long has this been going on? Any pain in an arm too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I started yesterday - no pain in arm

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mary--but can you tell me exactly where the pain is and is it just a pinpoint pain or more diffuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is on left side of troat - under jaw bone

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mary--is there actually a lump there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - it is sore when I touch or lilt of head to the right

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mary. From the location this is probably a problem with the submandibular salivary gland there and you may have a stone impacted in the duct. It could in a short time begin to swell and actually cause a lump. You need to see a doctor about this and get a ct scan of the area to identify the stone. While these often pass in a short time, there's a risk of infection and if you have a stone you'll need to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist on an urgent basis to evaluate and deal with this.