Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hello Dr Love, I am not passing easily, as you know.

Hello Dr Love,
I am not passing urine easily, as you know. When I wake up, it feels like there is urine in my erection so it makes it impossible to have sex. When I go to the toilet I am not completely relieved. I h still have the urge to have sex. When I do, however, the motion causes discomfort and it feels like I am forcing urine into the base of my penis with this motion. When I ejaculate it is uncomfortable and the semen is very watery. I have an appointment with a urologist on 30 June. Am I causing damage to the penis by still having sex? Should I wait until my appointment until having sex again and are these symptoms common?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello again.

These symptoms are fairly common, most often from an infection.

No, having sex would not be causing damage to the penis. Obviously, it will be causing pain or discomfort to be having sex, but typically no damage. If the pain and discomfort is more significant, it may be reasonable to avoid sex to avoid the pain, but it typically is not an issue of whether damage will be done to the penis.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help and advice.

You're welcome.