Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hello, I am a healthy 30 year old with no medical history.

I am a healthy 30 year old with no medical history. I have a mole on my scrotum which I have had for some time. Recently a 2 new moles appeared which I noticed today. I wanted to know what could normally cause this. I don't have any switching and I don't have sympotms either.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Customer: Hello
Dr. Shahzad MD :

We cannot say for sure what caused these moles.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Usually the cause to these moles cannot be identified at all. It just happens in some and not in others.

Customer: Should I be worried about this? I was thinking about skin cancer or melanoma.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

If there is a change in the appearance, color, irregular border, increasing size then you should contact your doctor ASAP.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

At the moment this does not seem anything to worry about.

Customer: No they are smallish and light brown, to be honest I am not sure if they have always been there, one of them has always been there. The others I haven't noticed but it's also possible they have been there for some time. But should I be worried?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

No

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would not worry

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer: What are the symptoms of melanoma?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

If there is a change in the appearance, color, irregular border, increasing size of the moles that you are having, those could be signs of melanoma.

Customer: What kind of colour?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

This image will help you understand

Customer: They do not look like this, the borders of mine are
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have an image that you can send me?

Customer: are smooth and they are brown in colour
Customer: How would I send an imagine as I am thing from
Customer: my phone
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can upload and image on www.tinypic.com and send the link here.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Another option is by clicking on the paperclip icon in the toolbar if you see one at your end and attch one here.

Customer: Is there no other way to do send the pic as this is quite personal
Customer: Perhaps to your email address?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I wish I could give you my email but its not allowed on this site as its against the TOS of this site.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can send it here

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean attach it here, I assure you that it will be confidential.

Customer: Attach it where?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you see a paper clip button or icon at your end?

Customer: No I don't
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Here is a video that will guide you.

Customer: Yes but because we are speaking in a chat I don't have the icon if it was over email then I would
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hmm.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I can convert this session into a Q & A session and then you can attach a picture maybe.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Is that okay with you? or would you like to continue this live chat session.

Customer: Let's covert to a chat
Customer: Sorry I mean to email so I can try to attach it but please note I am writing on my phone so I don't know if that would be an issue
Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

refresh this page after a few seconds.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still do not have the option to attach anything what else can I do please
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Do you see an edit button there somewhere?
After you post a response click on the edit button and there you may see a paperclip icon in the toolbar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't actually see an edit button, after I add the email what other option do I have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay I have seen the edit but I can't change anything because I am using a telephone and not a computer
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Upload it on either photobucket.com (which is a private site) and more secure and you can send me the link.

If that does not help then you can use tinypic.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have put it on tiny pic what do I need to do now? There is no link as I am using my fone
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
There must be a link that you can copy and paste here.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
There is a link after you upload the image where it says URL for email and IM copy and paste that link here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zb87zc&s=8#.U6KfZIm9Kc0
Please see the link
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
These are very tiny moles and they look harmless/benign and nothing to worry about.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to see them clearly? Can you please give me some
More insight into these? Can you see their shape and colour clearly?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can see them clearly the shape, size, border, color; everything seems to point to a harmless moles.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does it matter if one has been there for some time and the others just appeared? Also can these sorts of moles turn into something else? Or are they just normal common moles?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Does it matter if one has been there for some time and the others just appeared?
No that does not matter.

Also can these sorts of moles turn into something else?
No they will not turn into something else.

Or are they just normal common moles?
They are just normal moles.

Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
I would appreciate that.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
Its only when you rate me for my services that I am paid by the website.
Therefore I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services.
Kindest Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One final question please, you said the pictures are clear and that these are small harmless moles, are these common I mean have you seen many instances of these types of moles before?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
These are very common indeed.
I have seen hundreds, if not more, of patients with these kind of moles in my 11 years of practicing medicine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it unheard of to have them on the scrotum? I mean I know moles can appear in other areas but what about the scrotum?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
They are very common on the scrotum as well as other parts of the body.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay so just to confirm these are normal moles, sorry to keep repeating this but I tend to get anxious. Were the pictures clear?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The pictures were clear and the moles are normal moles and nothing dangerous.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would highly appreciate it if you rate me for my services by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below as the money remains with the website until you do so.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine