Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

about Daughter in Australia Urine has blood and ketone in.

Customer Question

about Daughter in Australia
Urine has blood and ketone in. Has had mushy pooh like tadpoles green and blood then
yellow and then Brown Sausage and wants to wee and drink all the time Her BP and INR
sugar levels , heartbeat have been tested and are alright and temperature and yet Her tongue is totally furred, she is chilly and feverish and her muscles are not working properly and her temperature is not showing symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi She definitely has an infection and she needs a stool sample for culture and a urine culture. She sounds very dehydrated and she needs intravenous fluids for rehydration. She will need appropriate antibiotics depending on the culture results. She sounds very seriously ill and her doctors need to treat her with fluids and antibiotics just as soon as possible.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here.

with ketones in the urine and wanting to drink all the time and pee all the time, she could have diabetes.

I know she has had her sugars checked, but she needs a glucose challenge test and a hemoglobin a1c level to check for diabetes or prediabetes.

she could also have a fungal thrush infection in her mouth. does she have a white coating on her tongue?

fur feeling on the tongue could be from acid reflux up her throat or bacterial infection of her mouth , sometimes from gingivitis.

she could also have an autoimmune disorder as well

her thyroid hormone levels need to be checked as well

have all of these been checked?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I'm the first expert that responded to you. Diabetes alone would not explain all of this and there's every indication this is an infection. The other possible diagnoses that Dr David mentioned are not important for right now--she needs IV fluids and antibiotics and then the diabetes and other questions can be evaluated
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see the other expert opted out

do you have any other questions?