Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had a microdisectomy 4 and half moths ago. Last monday i

I had a microdisectomy 4 and half moths ago. Last monday i fell forward on a concrete path. I felt the impact in my whole body but had no pain , until today. Have slight to medium pain in left buttock. Got my period today so hope it related to that but I am very worried Ive caused damage to my back.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

This is probably fine. You might have a muscle spasm there.

If it were a disc issue, I would expect sharp pain radiating down the buttock and possibly into the leg.

It would be a reasonable idea to get xrays to confirm the back is okay but I suspect you will be fine.

As long as you don't develop any more symptoms that is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shall i continue to take anti inflammatory…. rest or walk around?… at 4 to 5 months post surgery is it still dangerous to have knocks to the body or can i consider myself back to "normal" , within reason/caution?

yes to anti inflammatory

yes to walking around

you are basically back to normal but surgery always creates a weak spot that is more prone to injury
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)