Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I take citropram its been working brilliantly until today i

I take citropram its been working brilliantly until today i took some beechams flu tablets last night do you think that could of affected it?
Dear customer

Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:

Beechams flu tablets you took last night has no affect on the citalopram.

Beechams flu-plus caplets contain three active ingredients:

-Paracetamol (500mg)
-Phenylephrine (5mg)
-Caffeine (25mg)

Citalopram is an antidepressant medication that affects neurotransmitters.It is thought to work by increasing the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that helps maintain mental balance.

There is no interaction of any of these 3 ingredients-paracetamol,phenylephrine or caffeine.

So the beechams flu tablets you took last night has no affect on the citalopram.It might me mere a co-incidence.

I advise you to take your citalopram as advised.If still you have any issues/symptoms then you need to consult your doctor.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert