Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I am 57, female, non smoker and I think in good health.

Hi, I am 57, female, non smoker and I think in good health. I take Elleste Solo 1mg daily and have a Mirena coil fitted. During the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing a thick slightly blood stained discharge (not foul smelling though) and in the last week am feeling quite nauseas most of the time. Are the two related and do I need to see my doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--any abdominal pain with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No pain as such, but have been feeling bloated sometimes.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Marilyn. I don't think the discharge and the nausea and bloating are related but it sounds as though you might have a vaginosis--a vaginal infection--in addition to perhaps a stomach virus. I would suggest you see your doctor for an evaluation and a vaginal culture since you probably will need antibiotics for this