Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am trying again, I wasnt successful last time I had had

Customer Question

I am trying again, I wasnt successful last time

I had had Af for some 30 years but it has now come regular I cope easily with the AF symptoms but I am now getting a sensation that lasts about 5 seconds which is troubling me. I get a rushing senstation in my head an a darkening visual effect and it finishes after a few seconds with the severe sense of heat in the back of my neck and then I am completely normal.
In trying to find more about this I had a pulse monitor on, and find that most times the AF about 110 beats goes very qickly to normal 56beats. I do not know if this is a coincident. CAN YOU GIVE ME AN OPINION OBOUT THIS PLEASE
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

hello

Dr. Thomas, MD :

please enter chat and respond

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You don't know if you have a heart block.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

How fast you ultimately go to, given that it is a fib.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

So you need a monitor

Dr. Thomas, MD :

have you had this?

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I would suggest that you have an event monitor.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

So that when you have symptoms, you get a tracing.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You need an EKG now.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Also a complete exam to rule out neurological, metabolic and inner ear problems.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Make sense?

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

I have had a 24 hr tape and my cardiologist said was ok and I saw him a week ago and he said it was tension,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I do not believe this

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I am not talking about a 24 hour tape, but rather a king of hearts monitor, also called an event monitor. You can wear it for a weak, and start it during symptoms. This has a higher yield. You should also have your thyroid function checked. Also a good neurological exam.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

make sense?

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Autonomic dysfunction is possible.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

A tilt table test is needed for this.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Which your cardiolgist should be able to do.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

I have had a thyroid test and it was ok

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Good, but I would still do the rest of the work up.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Further questions?

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

I am due to go on holiday on Tuesday should I cancel it

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I can't tell you that. You have not had the work up I mention, and I have never examined you. That is between you and your doctor.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

ok

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You should never try to get someone on the internet to tell you something that your doctor needs to tell you. Ask him that question.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

ok

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You might want to call and mention what I have, and ask that question.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

do you think it is serios

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I think it could be serious unless it is anxiety. So that is why I recommending the testing, to make sure it is not.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

ok

Dr. Thomas, MD :

good luck

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Let me know if you have further questions.

Use reply to expert as needed.

Please do not forget a positive [hopefully excellent] rating.

I attempt to be prompt, accurate and excellent.

JACUSTOMER-13haiw9a- :

one last thing is my c

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I will change the format

Dr. Thomas, MD :

hang on

OK
One last thing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should my cardiologist I saw last week be standard he said it wasnt serious you disagree

In my opinion I would want more tests, but your cardiologist knows you and has examined you.
So I can not disagree.
Use reply to expert as needed.