Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Im currently taking Nitrofurantoin 100mg once a night as a

I'm currently taking Nitrofurantoin 100mg once a night as a long term antibiotic. I was wondering if it would be a risk to take tadalafil 10mg (Cialis) as it says on the leaflet not to take it if you are taking nitrates.
Hi. Even though the medication has "nitro" in the word, that only refers to nitrogen and not to nitroglycerin. Nitrofurantoin is not a nitrate as in a heart medication for angina. There is no risk or interaction between Nitrofurantoin and Cialis so it's safe to take the two together