DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, since early last year I have been having difficult breathing,

Hi, since early last year I have been having difficult breathing, my throut feels like there is something sitting on it thats distracting my breathing; also my throat gets swollen.when I swallow saliva I feel like there is also something.i have lost weight since then and and it seem to keep dropping.Also sometime I feel faint/ I feel like Im going to pass out.
I have visited my Gp but they did not fo anything about it.they just keep sending me back home without proper examination.Last week when I visited with the same issue they gave me The tablets called Lopraz 40g Gastro-resistant capsules. But these tablets seems to make my breathing worst. And I believe its not jst a sore throat there is more to it.please help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
They are treating you for acid reflux.
Problems breathing can be the only symptom.

But, to clear this up can take 3 months.

You might ask your doctors for pentoprazole, which in some studies acted a lot faster than your drug, which is omeprazole

They should do spirometry to rule out asthma, as you might need inhalers as well.

Other lung processes need to be ruled out.

If things are not working, the doctors need to consider a scope to see what is going on, of the esophagus.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Use reply to expert as needed.
Please do not forget a positive [hopefully excellent] rating.
I attempt to be prompt, accurate and excellent.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you .. its just that I also went online just to find out something that could match my symptoms but throat cancer is what popped up. Can there be a chance of it being throat cancer.i went for breathing and ECG test today and Doctor said I was ok.And he said they dont think there is anything wrong with my throat though they did not do anything to rule that out thats why I came to find help here online.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
Not throat cancer.
However, if you went many years with uncontrolled reflux, then this would be a risk.
Which is why they need to take care of it now.
Use reply to expert as needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for your help.great it was.its just I was starting to worry myself thinking it could be something major.though its over a year since the problem began.its just the doctors kept dismissing it as nothing major and they said it wasnt asthma because I was not weezing.anywere thanks for your help you have been very helpful.:)

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome anytime
Any questions
Use reply to expert as needed.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Further questions?