Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a long history of HSV2,I have not had an outbreak

I have a long history of herpes HSV2,I have not had an outbreak in years,at age 58 I suddenly had an outbreak of singles,a very mild case close to the left chest nipple,at about the same time I had 2 small areas same side on my back,about mid way down,the chest erea was much smaller than the back outbreaks,there was some discomfort but not much where as the ones on my back where complety painless and larger erea than on my chest.The blisters scabbed over,all that's left is the reddish pink color,but the discolor just seems to linger,not much improvement in the past week.Also left side,same as the rashes my groin lymph nodes have swelled up considerably.There are 2 mid size cyst on lower back.My question is can herpes HSV1 and HSV2 {I have both} and herpes zoster along with near by cyst be the cause of my groin lymph nodse swelling up like they have?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The cysts in the lower back may have caused your groin lymph nodes to swell.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its not possible for your chest lymph nodes to cause swelling of lymph nodes in the groin.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So the the infection that is nearest to the groin is causing the lymph nodes of the groin to swell up because that is the area that will be drained by these lymph nodes.

Customer:

How is it that the shingles on my chest could cause mild discomfort and the shingles on my back{if that's what it was} can cause no pain or discomfort?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Can you please let me know which side of the back and which side of the chest is this?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What part of the back is involved? Can you please elaborate on that?

Customer:

Both on my left side same side with groin lymph swelling

Customer:

about mid way maybe a little higher

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The degree of pain can vary, so thats not something that I would worry about too much.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Shingles may cause mild pain or severe pain and in some cases no pain at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So that's not something that I would worry about too much.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The lymph nodes that are swollen are also related to this infection most likely.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

These symptoms should settle in a week or two as the infection settles.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

Do you mean the ckickpox virus,I,ve also been extremely worried that this could also be symptoms of primary HIV is this true?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be HIV. But to be on the safe side you can have yourself tested. There is even an over-the-counter test for HIV as well that you can get without any problems.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

In patients with HIV the lymphadenopathy is more generalized, meaning that it involves various lymph node regions like the armpit, neck and the groin.

Customer:

Thank You

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A couple of lymph nodes in the groin on the same side as the shingles does not indicate HIV.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Goodbye :)

Customer:

You given me better adive than I've given myself covering all these different websites

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine