Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

We are on holidays in London and about to take a cruise vacation

We are on holidays in London and about to take a cruise vacation tomorrow. My eight year old daughter woke up today vomiting bright mustard yellow color. I tried to give her some coke with ice and lime but she could not hold it down. She took another two sips of coke after vomiting for the second time and now she is sleeping. Should I take her to the doctor before we sail?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Customer:

Thank you. She just woke up and vomited again. Should I take her to the hospital? She is vomiting bile.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should definitely take her to the hospital.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She does require treatment.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most important thing is to prevent dehydration in children.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am pretty sure that the vomiting will settle in sometime but she should be seen in the meantime so that dehydration can be prevented.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer:

Yes, thank you.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Goodbye :)

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This session is still open for any number of further questions that you may have.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.