Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I would like my daughter who is 15 to be assessed by a psychiatrist

I would like my daughter who is 15 to be assessed by a psychiatrist as she has started self harming again. She did it a year ago and had stopped but is now not in a good place and has returned to cutting again.she won't go into detail with me but does talk and is close to me.she keeps everything to herself and doesn't really unload on her friends. She has a friend who she helps by talking and texting but I don't know if this is to the detriment of her own situation . She had counselling last year through the NHS but doesn't want to go back through that system. I am at a loss as I went to the Doctors last year and whilst they appreciate the position really seem to feel she will. Grow out of it and lost of youngsters go through it. One of her issues is that I was paralysed from the chest down in a car accident 12 years ago. My husband was driving. I have told her I hate my situation but have to get on as nothing can change it and her energy worrying about me is wasted for that reason,
Are there any psychiatrists locally that I can contact privately to get assistance for my daughter .? Fay Kelly
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

yes, there are private psychiatrist in the uk which can help her.

Dr. David :

where in the uk are you close to ?

Customer: We are in Great Gonerby, Grantham, lincolnshire
Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

give me a second

Dr. David :

to look up psychiatrist in that area.

Dr. David :

http://www.nottinghamshirehealthcare.nhs.uk/contact-us/patient-advice-and-liaison-service/health-partnerships/

Dr. David :

I would contact nottingham hospital

Dr. David :

01623 673849, Monday-Friday 10am-4pm

Dr. David :

they have community outreach programs which include psychiatric services.

Dr. David :

they can also help you find a private psychiatrist in your area as well.

Dr. David :

here is another group in nottinghamshire

Dr. David :

http://www.clinical-partners.co.uk/locations/nottingham-private-clinic-psychiatry-psychology-therapy

Dr. David :

Clinical Partners

*****
Lady bay
West Bridgeford
Nottingham
NG2 5BB
UK
Dr. David :

If you think you may need treatment,
call us to arrange a private consultation.

0203(###) ###-####/p>

Dr. David :

hello?

Dr. David :

there is also

Dr. David :

Dr. Gillian Garden Psychiatrist (Boston, Grantham, Lincoln) Consults at: Grantham and District Hospital Lincoln County Hospital Pilgrim Hospital Dr. Orlando Gonzalez Psychiatrist (Grantham) +info: http://www.doctoralia.co.uk/consultants/speciality/psychiatrists-1226/grantham-108637-1

Dr. David :

hello?