Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Ive been told that I have a manipulative behaviour but Im

Customer Question

I've been told that I have a manipulative behaviour but I'm not actively thinking how to manipulate anyone, I'm just at my wits end and don't know what to do or where to get any help. I've tried several suicide attempts, the last one was Nembutal and unfortunately didn't lock my doors and an unexpected visitor found me and was resuscitated; 5 days in ITU. I can't afford private health treatment like the priory where they seem to look after you like we used to years ago (was a nurse for 29years). I have ME and my husband has abandoned me. I've lost my daughter... It's like watching a train crash in slow motion. Yes I've tried the Samaritans and everything that I can try on my own but I get so anxious and agitated I can't relax or stop crying for most of the day. I feel like I'm losing my mind; which I've been told is a clear indication that I'm not. I don't know where I can go or what I can do but I need support and my sons have had enough and can't care for me properly. My middle don has Asperger's and I think he feels that all the responsibility is on him, so it's even more guilt for me to bear. Sorry, I don't know what else or where else to try
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you have been battling these issues for such a long time.

Dr. David :

I am sorry you have been having so much anxiety and aggitation.

Dr. David :

there are medications which can help over time treat anxiety and aggitation

Dr. David :

Nembutal is phenobarbital and is used for seizures.

Dr. David :

do you have seizures?

Dr. David :

Mitrazepine is remeron and is used for sleep.

Dr. David :

pregabalin is for nerve pain.

Dr. David :

propranolol is for high blood pressure.

Dr. David :

omeprazole is for stomach acid.

Dr. David :

I don't see that you are on medications to help decrease depression or help with anxiety symptoms

Dr. David :

like an SSRI agent like celexa or lexapro or zoloft or paxil?

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : I understand my medication and my Drs won't give me anything to treat my mood or anxiety. I was allowed to have diazepam for a limited time which was the only thing that helped but now they have stopped that. Since coming out of ITU they've taken me off my lisinopril and bendroflumethazide which kept my blood pressure at a better level. I need help to manage my anxiety and agitation. Years ago they tried me on Ssris and they didn't help at that time, but things have got a lot worse since then
JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : I took the Nembutal to kill myself
Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

it sounds like you definitely need to see a psychiatrist and get on an agent which can help with anxiety and depression.

Dr. David :

that would be an SSRI agent like celexa, lexapro, zoloft, or paxil.

Dr. David :

diazepam is valium and is a long acting benzo which can also be used for short periods of time to help decrease anxiety.

Dr. David :

you should ask your doctor to refer you to see a psychiatrist if they will not prescribe you an SSRI agent to help with depression and anxiety.

Dr. David :

unfortunately, we can not write out prescriptions to clients over the internet because we can't see or examine clients.

Dr. David :

are you willing to ask your GP to refer you to see a psychiatrist or psychologist?

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : I saw one last year who told me there was nothing wrong with me and to get on and kill myself;plenty of ways to do it.... My son says I've tried 17 times. I complained to health watch but the mental health team here refuse to treat me. I don't have money to afford to go somwehere like the Priory and don't know of anywhere else. I can't cope and I've now lost my daughter as she can't cope with me yet I can't get any help. Hence trying you..
Dr. David :

I doubt a psychiatrist will tell you to kill yourself.

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : Yep she did
Dr. David :

that is wrong that they would tell you to kill yourself.

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : Even suggested several ways to do it!
Dr. David :

you should not try to kill yourself anymore.

Dr. David :

how can I help you?

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : I know, I want to live but I can't cope feeling like this. I'm obviously not meant to die as I survived the Nembutal and was resuscitated several times. But I don't know how to get through this on my own. I'm exhausted from crying and have to stay in my room so that I don't upset my sons anymore. I don't want to be like this. But I don't know how to cope. It's a vicious cycle, phone Samaritans, they ask if I have a cpn, or see my dr, phone out of hours mental health team; as they are kinder than daytime staff.. Again told to see dr and ask for another referral to mental health team... Who are refusing to help.. If I phone when I feel suicidal mental health team say I'm attention seeking, and that if I'm serious I shouldn't ask for any help just do it and keep doing it til I die. Doesn't give me any hope..
Dr. David :

I am sorry.

Dr. David :

that is not right.

Dr. David :

they should not be telling you to commit suicide.

Dr. David :

you are asking for help

Dr. David :

there is help in the form of medications like SSRI agents like zoloft or paxil.

Dr. David :

these are simple medications which can be used to treat depression and anxiety.

Dr. David :

you have depressive symptoms and suicide and anxiety.

Dr. David :

it really sounds like you need treatment.

Dr. David :

bring the list to your doctor again next time and ask why they won't prescribe an SSRI agent for you.

Dr. David :

they are simple medications and not expensive.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below the chat box.

Dr. David :

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

is my website if you need to reach me again.

Dr. David :

you can tell your GP to pick which one they would like to use

Dr. David :

like Prozac, or Paxil, or Zoloft, or Lexapro, or Celexa

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : Is there anything other than the Ssris as I had such a bad reaction to them before, I don't want to feel any worse and because the psychiatrist has told the gp there's nothing wrong with me they've been told I don't need any of them
Dr. David :

those are the best long term medications to use for anxiety and depression.

Dr. David :

they are not addictive.

Dr. David :

and can not be abused.

Dr. David :

medications like diazepam can be abused and be addictive.

Dr. David :

given your history of manipulative behavior, they most likely will not give you diazepam.

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : ok, I'm sorry to trouble you. I know I won't get any support from my gps, I need to find somewhere to go
Dr. David :

then you need to try another psychiatrist

Dr. David :

or change to another GP doctor.

JACUSTOMER-rqr8ceam- : I live in a small village in a county with only one mental health team, so that is why I know I've got to get away from here. I just don't have any friends or family or finances to be able to do this easily
Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

good luck to you

Dr. David :

hang in there.

Dr. David :

Customer: Thank you
Dr. David : let me know if you have other questions. If done for now please leave positive feedback below. You can always reach me as Dr David. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com