Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

i had my last week but i cannot remember removing the

i had my period last week but i cannot remember removing the tampon. I couldn't find the string which should reassure me but I still do not remember removing the tampon. I am terrified of an examination and was wondering if a problem was to arise how long before symptoms would develop.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If there is no string that you can see and if you cannot feel the tampon inside you when you insert your finger, then you did remove it or it may have dropped out spontaneously into the commode.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The symptoms of pain in the left arm and slight swelling and pain in the groin, I agree, seems something unrelated.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If however you want to be dead sure you can have yourself examined.

Customer:

, no I would rather not have examination and couldn't possibly insert finger. but glad of reassurance. if Tss were to occur would symptoms develop within a few days

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes symptoms can develop in a few days time but TSS is a rare condition. It has become very rare since the tampons that are used all over the world are safer and medicated.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The symptoms of TSS are terrifying such as high grade fever, skin rash all over the body, low blood pressure, vomiting, diarrhea etc.

Customer:

thankyou for your time

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Goodbye :)