Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

should a doctor read a child of five background medical notes

should a doctor read a child of five background medical notes before seeing them
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 3 years ago.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Yes it is mandatory to take a history of patient 5 years old. Specially if he or she has undergone any procedure, birth weight and mode of delivery, any usage of medicine by the mother while pregnant.

Dr S.A.Alam :

These are some of the point that doctor should seek before treating of examining the patient.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Let me know if you have some specific questions in this regard...

Dr S.A.Alam :

use reply button to send the reply

Dr S.A.Alam :

As your status seems to be offline so i am shifting our chat mode to Q and A mode.

Dr S.A.Alam :

You will receive my reply in your mail box

Dr S.A.Alam :

I will wait for your questions.

Customer:

my 5 year old little girl is under camps and as adhd also learning disalibitis and keep getting water infection she went to see the renal department yesterday and he didnt no anything about her and if he had read her not he would have known that she as white coat sydrome and he scare her and was very rude this is why i needed to know if a doctor should read a child background

Customer:

as a renal doctor should he have read about her before seeing her

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear about your daughter.

It is mandatory in all cases to read the child background.In her case it is even more important as she has learning problems and previous infections. It is not possible for a doctor to treat a patient correctly if he or she does not knows the history and previous problems.

For a renal doctor it is even more important as they mostly rely on patient history to make diagnosis and correct treatment.

Let me know if i can be of more help. Thank you.