How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 32716
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Does this look like Herpes? Its one sore, was never a cluster

Resolved Question:

Does this look like Herpes? It's one sore, was never a cluster of blisters, had gone a bit septic but that went with anti septic cream on cotton wool over night. Help!
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I see a photo if you have one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have one but am unable to attach it - do you have an email address I can send to?

Also, it's just the one, it's not right inside, on the outer but in the crease if that makes sense

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You can post it on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link Lauren or you can email it to***@******.*** and they will email it to me but that may take an hour or more to get to me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will email a couple of photos across now thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Great--I'll let you know as soon as I get them but please be patient
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Got the photos Lauren--where is this located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
On the left sift on the crease between the inner and outer lip
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Lauren. Doesn't look like herpes. It looks more like an inflammatory eczema or perhaps folliculitis--hair shaft infection. That said, since I can only go by the photos, you should have a doctor take a look at this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Could it be from sweat/rubbing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes and that would be the inflammatory eczema. I'd suggest cortisone cream followed by the talc three times a day for a week to treat it properly
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you