Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had a vaccination for polo when I was 15 I am 75 now the

I had a vaccination for polo when I was 15 I am 75 now the small lump has grown the sixe of a large pea saw the doc who said it was something called blastsi said not malignant and could have it removed at the surgery I am worried as it is still growing can u explain what it is I can't get t surgery a m registered disabled and can rarely get a liftshe said if it wasn't bothering me t leave it in view of my age
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.

Hi--can you try typing in the term again since I don't recognize the word "blastsi?"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Reply was unclear it was a long word sounded like something with blasti inthe middle
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--so your doctor basically said there'd be nothing wrong with not having it removed--he said it was totally benign?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have no more information sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
That's OK Jean. Sounds like he was referring to a dermatofibroma which is totally benign and there's no need to remove it unless it's bothering the patient. You don't have to worry about it