Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a bump on the head on Monday 16th June and went to a

Customer Question

I had a bump on the head on Monday 16th June and went to a & e who checked me out and said I had concussion. I've been ok until tonight and feeling really fuzzy headed, funny ear and pins and needles in my hands. Could this be something serious related to bump on head?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.

Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

Were you given any medication?

Dr Uzair :

Did the A and E do a neurological examination or feel the need to do a CT scan ?

JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : They didn't feel the need for CT but did neuro exam
JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : No medication
Dr Uzair :

Are you taking the necessary precautions like bed rest and reduction in cognitive activities?

JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : I haven't been able to rest and have been worse since going back to work on Monday, I use a computer all day
Dr Uzair :

Alright. You do know that can worsen a concussion and it is advised that bed rest, avoidance of cognitive activities and plenty of sleep and good hydration be taken for at least 7 to 10 days after a concussion.

JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : So being back to using a computer could cause this? Is it unlikely to be anything more serious resulting from the bump?
Dr Uzair :

Yes, it can definitely.

Dr Uzair :

Although a concussion can have symptoms that last for several weeks, it is advised that symptoms that call for attention should be discussed with and examined by a doctor.

Dr Uzair :

Specially, in the event when the recommended rest and/or medication were not taken.

JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : Do you think these symptoms require medical attention tonight?
Dr Uzair :

Since, the symptoms have continued to worsen over the course of the past few days as you have mentioned, the best course of action will be to have this checked as soon as possible. Once, anything sinister has been ruled out, you can have peace of mind and adhere to the rest recommended by the doctor.

JACUSTOMER-wvwh2peo- : As I was ok until going back to work would you think it could be something sinister or is that unlikely?
Dr Uzair :

It is unlikely to be something very serious, and is most likely worsening of the concussion symptoms due to over activity and not giving yourself time to heal. But it does require attention by a physician.

Dr Uzair :

If I have answered your questions, please leave a positive rating for me.
If you have more queries, reply back and I shall be happy to help.

Dr Uzair :

are you there?

Dr Uzair :

Do you have more questions?