Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Which vitamins a good for stress, anxiety, depression, acne,

Which vitamins a good for stress, anxiety, depression, acne, low sex drive?
I'm currently taking 15mg of zinc per day and 500mg of vitamin d per day (as I dont get in the sun hardly at all). Any others I should be taking?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I'd suggest adding Vitamin E, B complex, a multivitamin, magnesium, and perhaps St John's Wort but you should discuss any supplements with your doctor before you begin them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Do you think the two im taking are good too? I was looking at magnesium, is it good to take that at night to help with sleep?
Is St. Johns Wort bad if you drink alcahol?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes Jake, those are fine. Magnesium can also be helpful with sleep. As for St John's Wort, I'd suggest only drinking in moderation--no more than three drinks a week--while you were on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK , cool. I probably will avoid St. Johns Wart as I drink quite heavily twice a week.. As for my diet I eat quite a lot of protein, try and have vegetables every day, don't eat much fruit.

Also, what do you think about 5HTP? Can this be taken with alcahol? It's something I had for sometime and it seemed very good. But I stopped 6 months ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
5HTP should be fine and you can drink on that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wow cool! And please tell me the correct dosage for the vitamins that I need.

I'm currently taking 15mg of zinc, and 500mg of vit D.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
The zinc is fine Jake but I'd up the vitamin D to 1000 mg a day. A simple B complex tab once a day. 200 mg of magnesium at night. 50 mg three times a day for the 5 HTP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** in to these. They are all safe to take with a normal diet? Also, I drink twice a week and eat very little, would this make me deficent with anything?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
All safe with a normal diet Jake. That amount of drinking wouldn't cause a deficiency. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you