Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hello, Ave a problem and I need your help I have unprotected

Hello, Av'e a problem and I need your help I have unprotected sex I took the morning after pill twice in two weeks am worried 3 day after weeing I started feeling this sharp pain half way my urine and streak of blood.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Have you had a period over the past two weeks?
Is the blood clearly in the urine?
Or could the blood come from the vagina?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it's clear and it comes from the urine

Thank you for the additional information.

The most likely cause of these symptoms would be a urinary tract infection (UTI), specifically a bladder infection. The irritation of the infection will typically cause pain or burning with urination and will frequently cause bleeding into the urine. There are some women that notice onset of a UTI after sexual activity, but it appears that this usually is due to the mechanics involved in the sex act, rather than any specific germs that are transmitted during sex.

In a female, sexually transmitted germs will typically cause a vaginal or cervical infection. There may be some secondary irritation of the urethra causing some symptoms similar to a UTI, but the primary symptoms are typically vaginal or cervical.

The usual management of a UTI is a short course of antibiotics. Since antibiotics are cleared from the body through the urine, the concentration in the urine is quite high and clears infections relatively quickly. However, this would still typically require seeing your physician to acquire antibiotics.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.