Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

2 weeks ago o had revision of THR.I was informed by surgeon

Customer Question

2 weeks ago o had revision of THR.I was informed by surgeon that He had fractured the greater trochanter but he has coiledor wired it and it should heal.on check xray five days later it revealed significantly displaced rt trochantic fragment.Meanwhile I developed retinal artery branch occlusion secondary to CVE/embolic event.I was told it was a TIA.8 days later the surgeon gave me three options:- revision surgery to insert plate.
:- go home and come back in at a later date
:- wait and see if it heals.
I was given the W/E to think about it and two days later declined surgery and went home.
I made this decision based on the Retinal occlusion and high risk if infection apart from the fact that I did not feel up to it so soon.
My question is do you think I will need further repair surgery?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

how old are you

Dr. David :

sorry your total hip revision didn't go well.

Dr. David :

did you have blindness from the retinal artery occlusion?

Dr. David :

only time can tell if you need further surgery repair of your hip.

Dr. David :

you have had prior hip replacement before if this was a revision surgery? what happened the first time?