Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

My fifteen year old son is very well developed physically,

Customer Question

My fifteen year old son is very well developed physically, in fact was an early starter, but his voice still has not broken. Why is this and is there anything we can do about it?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 years ago.
Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, being a parent it is but natural for you to be concerned about your son and his developmental stages. But if i may point out here that your son is in the pubertal age group which has a range till 19 years of age and during this period he will show developmental changes in different parts of the body such as growth and developmental of physical attributes and genital organs ,and deepening of voice, so while some of these developmental changes will occur early but still others may get delayed by few months to one or two years but as long as they all occur within 19 years of age you should consider this sort of developmental pubertal changes as normal.

In short, there is nothing wrong with your son, he is still developing and it is just matter of time that he will acquire that depth in his voice, all boys vary in their developmental stages, some may become physiclally developed earlier than others while others may acquire depth in their voices earlier than the rest. So as long as these changes are within the normal range lasting till 19 years of age there is no need to worry.

Kindly see the link below for more information on the developmental changes that boys go through during their puberty years.

http://menstrupedia.com/articles/puberty/physical-changes-boys

I hope this makes sense and gives you relief.

Wish you and your son all the best.

Please kindly leave aPositive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.