Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

hi im a bit confused I had a on 6th june lasted 5 days

Customer Question

hi im a bit confused I had a period on 6th june lasted 5 days trying to concieve had white discharge a couple of days ago then spot of blood yesterday now brown discharge some very mild cramps im exhausted all week been feeling sick headaches heartburn sore boobs not much appetite bug negative tests but period isnt due till next week not sure if im imagining it or could I be pregnant even with brown discharge as a few days ago I had a cramp on mh right side of my stomache I thought i could have concieved but not sure now?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

On what date you tested urine for pregnancy?
Do you have nausea?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yesterday I tested felt sick today and a couple of days ago but just wen to the toilet and still had brown discharge but now red but if it were my period its at least a week early

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Yes,you could be pregnant!

The pregnancy tests you have taken(yesterday-june 25) were too early to detect HCG in urine.

The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.

So you can have another home pregnancy test after july 13 (7 days after missed period).

The brown discharge you are having is most probably due to implantation bleeding.

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. This will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding.

Implantation happens on average nine days (6-12 days) after ovulation and fertilization.It occurs when an egg has been fertilized and implants into the lining of the uterus.It is fairly common with pregnancy.

Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy.So the spotting you are having is called implantation bleeding and is absolutely normal.

So bot***** *****ne is most likely you have conceived & I do not think there is anything to worry.The red spotting & brown discharge you are having is most likely implantation bleeding & there is nothing of concern.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the brown discharge im having im having very light bleeding at the moment not on a pad just wen I wipe ive got sum xramps on right side of stomache at the moment is it posdible my period could have comd really early or do I just wait to do a test as headaches are every day and felt sick after breakfast but not to sure wat my body is trying to tell me

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the cramps on my right side come and go but its started look more like a period yesterday only had literally 2 dots of blood wen I wiped and since yesterday had brown discharge and red blood light sort of like period blood but y wld I be a week early im never early

Dear customer
Thank you for replying back.

I do not think that this is due to your periods or you have periods one week earlier.

Most probably this is implantation bleeding of early pregnancy.

The time of spotting & brown discharge is exactly of same as of implantation bleeding.

So my advise for you is to wait for few days & again have another pregnancy test.This will reveal the exact picture.

Another option for now is to have a blood pregnancy test.Blood tests can pick up hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests can.Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate.

Hope this helped.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do I need to be worried if it gets heavier atm its light and blood seems to be going brown agen so confused nothing on pad only wen I wipe but is this normal im always so tired more than normal

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. This will cause slight bleeding or spotting.This is called implantation bleeding.It is normal.

Unless you are passing bright red blood and clots, brown spotting is pretty harmless.

You just need to keep an eye of observation.If you get red bleeding( not the spotting) & clots,only then there is need of concern.

Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert