Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

my neck feels stretched inside with a pressure feeling radiating

my neck feels stretched inside with a pressure feeling radiating upwards to my ears that i then blow to try to relieve feeling also sometimes have feeling of pressure in voicebox sometimes lower that i then burp to relieve feeling sometimes have feeling of irritation in throat which leads to me coughing had it constantly over last few weeks
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have sore throat?
Is there cough?
Any test done by your GP?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not really only cough when i feel irritation in throat which is now and then doctor suggested scan

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you have described can be due to following causes:benign vocal cord nodules or polyps, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPRD),Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD),inhalation of irritants/smoking,thyroid disorders.

Because your symptoms are not very specific & you have not been tested so far,so it is difficult to narrow down the diagnosis.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound Scanning
-Laryngoscopy
-Throat culture & Throat examination with a small mirror
-X-ray neck

Otolaryngologist is the specialized doctor to whom you need to consult.

Following will help him greatly: Pour a 1/2 to a whole teaspoon of liquid diphenhydramine syrup into small medicine cup and gargle with it. Try to keep the syrup towards the back of your throat for as long as he can.

Gargling with lukewarm saline water is one of the best remedies.

Throat lozenges will also provide great relief. They are available as OTC(over the counter).

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert